najaran: (BOOT TO THE HEAD FOR ZENITH)
[personal profile] najaran
Um... So yeah.

Trigger warnings: death, combat, eye horror (It's pronounced Horrowitz), body horror in general. All the PTSD. Demons. Possession. Survivor's guilt. Family trauma. Injuries. Did I mention all the PTSD. Because Najaran is going to be here. Oh and Opium. Because Fumas.



Spoilers for both the Culdcept manga and Inuyasha. Potentially for Culdcept games too. Also if the PSL lasts long enough spoilers potentially for Laughing Under The Clouds and Alice 19th among other possible things.

Anyway, if you are insane enough to want to stalk this thread, or play in it...

Welcome.

And please note.... You have been warned.

on 2026-08-05 09:02 am (UTC)
miroku_of_the_holy_clan: (Default)
Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan
Miroku manages a slight but respectful bow to the small creatures before walking stiffly into the room. The healers had done their job well, the combat injuries were manageable. The burns he ended up with from the aftermath, however, were slower to heal.

With each step he took in a new detail of the room, the relative comfort of it compared to the other offices he's been summoned to in recent days. It was the closest he's felt to the inns and homes he'd prefer to stay at in his travels. Of course, the work he had to do there was a quick exorcism at worst, a fake one at best. This time around it wasn't quite that easy, and something told him he only brushed up against the surface of it.

He let the light aroma of the tea drown his worries and thoughts out. Miroku knew better than to assume what a leader of the Holy Clan could possibly want with him anymore. At least it was Master Horowitz, someone with a calmer demeanor who might actually help Miroku make sense of some of this. And if not, he hoped Horowitz could at least point him to someone who could.

In the short time it took Miroku to reach the table he had nearly forgotten about his burns. He pulled the nearest chair out from the table and sat without a word. His mind was racing again, following a dozen paths. His eyes locked onto the eyes of a mask that wasn't there. A mask that resembled a fox.

on 2026-08-05 09:31 am (UTC)
miroku_of_the_holy_clan: (Default)
Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan
Miroku snaps out of his daze at the sound of the other mans voice. He nods in understanding, taking a sip of the tea as he listens for once. He could feel something happen the moment it passed his lips, the pain he felt before receding. Perhaps if Kagome were here she could identify the herb used. It was certainly a potent one.

Miroku snapped back in from his thoughts at one sentence in particular. "I wouldn't expect any of you to exaggerate such a danger, but if Lady Grubel even believes death is so certain then..." his voice trailed before taking another sip of his tea. He sat up a little straighter now and looked at Horowitz more confidently. "I'll accept any help I can get, and I thank you for what has already been provided Master Horowitz. If I can no longer be of service to the people in my normal capacity without endangering them and myself, then I seek your councel on what my next steps should be."

on 2026-08-05 08:53 pm (UTC)
miroku_of_the_holy_clan: (Default)
Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan
Miroku takes another long sip of tea as he argued internally with himself. He knew he the right answer, to accept. But he had just made a name for himself with the smaller towns and villages. Some of them were even letting him stay without the fake exorcism routine! He sunk a little in his chair, knowing that none of it matters right now. He preferred the hospitality of the villages, yet the ground would feel no different when an assassin left him lying in the mud. And he had no doubt that leaving this place on his own would lead to that exact fate.

"I'm but a simple monk, here to help those who are in need. Though I've grown attached to this land and its people, I will go wherever I'm needed." He said it with all the confidence and selflessness he could muster to bury the shred of bitterness he felt. He enjoyed his comfortable life and avoided the capital for this very reason. You can't make your way down the street without stepping into some political agenda, death cult, or smuggling ring. Or, if you're particularly unlucky it seems, all three at once. "Please, continue Master Horowitz. I'm eager to know where you would have me go so that I may be of use again. There's no reason for me to sit idly when such evil still lurks in the shadows." With the return of Miroku's health came his overconfidence, it would seem.

on 2026-08-05 11:29 pm (UTC)
miroku_of_the_holy_clan: (Default)
Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan
Miroku listened intently, making sure to finish his tea as he did so. The weight of the situation pushed down any light-hearted comment that used to come so easily.

When he found himself in this world, he wasn't fully shocked. He knew of Kagome and Inuyasha's travels through the Bone Eater Well to another land. Though that had been by his understanding merely a gateway to the future, he also wasn't quite sure when this place was either. The very energy of the place felt foreign to him. Perhaps this is how Inuyasha felt in his travels to Kagome's home? he had thought to himself, merely shrugging it off. Those answers were beyond the grasp of a human. The threat Horowitz described, however, was easier to process.

All of reality, mutliple worlds, it all meant the same thing; the fates of everyone he's ever known would end at the same point, the failure of this task. While he stood against great evils of this world and his own, this made his triumphs feel so small and meaningless by comparison.

But thats never stopped such a humble and honorable monk before, he thought with a confident smirk, and what kind of person would I be to turn my back on all of reality? Did I really spend so long battling demons and Naraku just to sit back while it all ends? That thought sickens me more than any other fate, even being lost to my Wind Tunnel

Miroku looked up, a new sense of life and purpose in his eyes. The hesitation and regrets he wrestled with were gone now, as if his connection to that simple life had been severed by Yato himself. "I understand Master Horowitz, and will help you and your student in any way I am able. I know my own world has need of me, but I feel my own personal fights will matter little if what you say is true. I don't fully understand this threat or what help I may be, but I will face it with you nonetheless!"

His confidence only waivered a moment as his hand absently moved to the air beside him, then snapped quickly to his side. He supressed a pained look, only letting it flash in his eyes a moment. A muscle memory from his time in another world. Then it was gone, replaced by a renewed energy. That memory is what he was fighting for, and he would see her again.

on 2026-08-06 12:21 am (UTC)
miroku_of_the_holy_clan: (Default)
Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan
Miroku bowed slightly as he took the refilled cup, bringing it straight to his lips. The tea filled him with a warm energy he knew he'd need for the task ahead.

"I'll do my best, though any knowledge you may share about him would help to prepare myself." A soft and familiar grin played across his face. "This is only my second time traveling to a new world you see, so forgive me if I'm a little ignorant and slow to adapt. Such is the curse of being such a humble and handsome man of the common folk." There it was, the light hearted, half-joke told through a supressed chuckle. Miroku's confidence balanced back out with his more casual, joking nature as he processed everything. He really needed to tell Kagome about this tea, it almost seemed to heal the spirit as much as the body.

Or, he thought with another slight grin, perhaps I'm just excited to be wrapped up in another plan to save the world. A monk's duty is never done...

on 2026-08-06 02:12 am (UTC)
miroku_of_the_holy_clan: (Default)
Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan
Miroku's grin quickly left his face. He had heard this exact story before. He had heard it told through tears and anger at some of his friend's most vulnerable moments. He had heard it in the fears that whispered to him at the back of his mind.

It was the story of Inuyasha's childhood and Miroku's present life. A story of a half demon raised in human society, shunned by all he knew. A story of a curse, Miroku's greatest weapon yet also likely to be his demise as well as anyone too close to him at the time. This boy had been cursed with both, and the cruelty of that was not lost on him.

Kagome had always been best suited to empathize with Inuyasha when it came to his past. It never stopped Miroku from listening to his friend though, and his own experience with the Wind Tunnel could go a long way.

"I actually know this tale quite well, though the names and details might change a bit. While I can confidently say I've seen other's make it past such trials, it is a tragedy that takes it toll on the soul. It's not something that ever has a universal solution to heal, not even your tea I'm afraid." The joke comes off a little flat, an attempt to alleviate the monk's own discomfort than anything else. His eyes seemed to look past the cup when he glanced down at it before they met Horowitz's again.

"That being said, a friend could rarely hurt the situation. Perhaps he'll be willing to accept the risk to me once he understands it'll be a mutual arrangement." He lifts his right arm slightly, the inconspicuous prayer beads making the slightest rattle as they were brought up. The beads that were the reason he made note of every exit, every large empty space nearby. For if they ever failed, his only hope was to be the only one caught in the vortex that would follow.

on 2026-08-06 02:30 am (UTC)
miroku_of_the_holy_clan: (Default)
Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan
Miroku nods, making sure to pay close attention. "I have, though I admit I'm more familiar with the term than it's meaning. Especially in relation to these events. I took it merely as a title to express your combined wisdom and power."

on 2026-08-06 05:43 am (UTC)
miroku_of_the_holy_clan: (Default)
Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan
"I can understand the anger he may have felt, and the damage that may have done to him. I do not believe he is lost though. A friend of mine went down a similar path of destruction, and for far longer. He was known as a great demon who terrorized the very same people he now protects."

Miroku sipped his tea again, thinking over the situation carefully. "It is going to be quite the risk approaching him at such a place and time, though perhaps as someone with their own Cards he won't see me as a foe."

A realization struck Miroku suddenly, and he leaned back in his chair. A look of unease crossed his face. "I'll have to be careful of my own use of the Cards as well, or I'll suffer the same fate his master did. It could even endanger all three of us if he and your student are present."

on 2026-08-06 06:12 am (UTC)
miroku_of_the_holy_clan: (Default)
Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan
"The wars of my world had some areas in the same state. As a monk I traveled with freedom just to see others caught between the armies of human lords warring with eachother. The demons only made things worse for people, and we got few warm welcomes traveling with three of them."

He smiled at Horowitz, trying to reassure him. "I'll take all precautions when it comes to their secrecy and safety. And if it comes to it..." Miroku trailed off, but the look he gave Horowitz finished the sentence for him. He would ensure their safety, no matter the cost.

on 2026-08-06 06:47 am (UTC)
miroku_of_the_holy_clan: (Default)
Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan
Miroku nodded, smiling at the other caring for his safety as much as he did the others. At least he he put a lot of effort into it if he were lying to Miroku about caring. It was hard to tell with members of the Holy Clan sometimes, though Horowitz always seemed sincere.

Miroku leaned forward, waiting for what Horowitz had to say next.

on 2026-08-06 08:26 am (UTC)
miroku_of_the_holy_clan: (Default)
Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan
Miroku nods, his face a mix of emotions. He understood the last request, the necessity of it. He couldn't help but think though, could he have done the same to Inuyasha? When his friend had been a local menace, had ripped apart buildings and attacked the humans who lived there out of his own rage, would it not have been necessary?

He knew the answer, and was grateful he lived to meet his friends when he did. There is the potential for good in everyone, but so is there the potential for evil. If someone so powerful chooses the latter there's always a cost. Usually the cost is human lives, and many of them. Just as Miroku would've stopped Inuyasha's trail of destruction, he would stop Zenith's if it came to it. It was his duty to those who could not protect themselves from such powerful beings.

"As I said, I swear to do whatever is necessary," a glimmer of hope found his eyes as he continued, "but I don't think that will be necessary. My greatest friendships were built upon forgiveness and compassion." It was Kagome he thought of now. Not for any wrong doing she had to be forgiven for. No, quite the opposite. He thought of her strength, and how despite the mistakes they all made she never stopped caring for any of them.

He realized even without being here, his friends were there for him in this very room. They'd help him through this task, they'd help save Zenith. And just maybe, they'd help save the world without ever realizing it.

on 2026-08-06 08:59 am (UTC)
miroku_of_the_holy_clan: (Default)
Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan
Miroku takes one last, long sip of his tea before gently setting the empty cup down. He stands and steps out from in front of the chair before bowing deeply to Horowitz. He holds it for a moment as he speaks, a notable tone of respect in his voice not even Lady Grubel has heard from the monk. "Thank you Master Horowitz," he said before ending his bow. "I appreciate your hospitality, your help, and most of all your trust in this matter. There are a thousand questions I could think to ask had we the time, but time is something I'd rather not waste if we are to find him before the Dark Cepters do."

A warm smile came to his face again. "When this is all over, maybe we can sit down for tea again. You can explain everything from the beginning, and I'll tell you the tale of the third great demon sword and the portal to Hell." He chuckled, though not at the portal. That had oddly been said with a confidence that could only come with truth.

No, he had been worried that by the end of this there would be an empty seat left at this table. Perhaps both chairs would be left unoccupied.
At least there would still be intact chairs within an intact room, he thought optimistically. That could only mean we were successful, and reality didn't end.

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-06 09:50 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-06 10:17 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-06 10:38 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-06 11:11 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-06 11:55 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-06 07:37 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-08 01:41 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-08 10:50 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-09 02:24 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-10 03:14 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-10 08:20 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-10 08:43 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-10 09:19 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-10 10:07 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-10 11:02 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-11 12:01 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-12 09:19 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

Posted by [personal profile] miroku_of_the_holy_clan - on 2026-08-13 12:01 am (UTC) - Expand

Profile

najaran: (Default)
Najaran of Gilman Isle on Rakan

August 2026

S M T W T F S
      1
23 45678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 16th, 2026 01:49 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios